Saturday, August 18, 2012

Road Hazard

Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:39pm ·

ME: Excuse me (to the woman who is standing across from her husband in the aisle at Kroger both leaving no room for someone to get by.)
WOMAN: Why don't you back up and go that way (pointing to the far end of the aisle from where I've just come.
ME: Because Im going this way (no emotion or voice inflection, pointing the way my buggy was facing almost at the end of the aisle after all the salad dressings and condiments.
She moves to open up a passageway in the aisle so I proceed just around the corner to finish shopping.)
OTHER CUSTOMER (behind me): A little friendliness would be nice.
WOMAN: Isn't that the truth.! She was so rude.
OTHER CUSTOMER: I meant you, honey. You were so rude.
(Her husband never says a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment