Saturday, August 18, 2012

Medicare Changes

Monday, March 12, 2012 at 10:32am

I'm waiting again for social security to call me back. First time callback went to my cellphone, then they put me on hold which easily could have used up an hour of cellphone minutes. So I called back to get another place in line and deactivate forwarding feature to my cellphone. So far I've been working an hour and 15 minutes getting disenrolled from Medicare B and AARP supplement insurance in order to start the required employer insurance with BC/BS. I think my days with IATSE and the film industry may be numbered unless they allow me to keep medicare as primary and not make me waive all my insurance contributions. Fun, I need to fill out form or go into office. It won't take effect until May. But I didn't know I'd have coverage in April with BC/BS until March. So I'll have two coverages but Medicare B won't pay for any co-pays, coinsurance or deductibles or any more than what they wold have paid any way. Obviously the people who make the rules have not had to make all these calls. So now I get to go to the social security office to handle this in person and pay $5.00 in parking.

    •  All lines to your local field office are busy. Hang up and call back later or stay on the line for the nation social security office. Your wait is greater than 10 minutes.
    • Just the thought of going to the social security office which I'm sure it not unlike getting a driver's license was enough to make me willing to give up the money in my CAPP account and stay with Medicare A & B, secondary AARP supplement health and RX. I've already reinstated AARP Health, now I'm sending the form to IATSE to forfeit my funds and waive BC/BS insurance. So now there is no point at all being in the union.
    • Life is circuitous after all. I'm back where I started with everything as it was except I forfeit my CAPP account of employer contributions. There's a lesson here somewhere.
    • The lesson is don't fix it if it's not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment