Saturday, August 18, 2012

Memorable Moments of Motherhood

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 7:16pm ·


I had a lovely conversation with my older son David today.  It never fails that it prompts some memory of motherhood, sometimes outright comical.  I mentioned to him that a friend of mine had posted a comment about a film "Mozart's Sister."  So he was looking it up.  We often are both on our computers when we're talking so we look up things.  Needless to say the preview reminded him of the time I took the boys to the Goethe Institute here in Atlanta to see a film about Mozart.  The film was in b/w and in German with subtitles.  It was shown on a fairly small screen, not like in the movie theatres.  After about an hour and a half it was only half over and time for intermission.  We loved intermission as they had some of the finest German pastries and various desserts.  However, at this point we left.  It was probably the worst film ever made as it would play an entire symphony while Mozart was riding in a carriage.  For a very long time after that, even the mentioning of Mozart created anxiety in my children.  Fortunately, I did get them to go with me to see "Amadeus" that they loved.  It totally changed their view of Mozart, and David in particular came a big fan of Mozart's "Requiem."  So much for memories of Mozart and Motherhood on Mother's Day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment