Saturday, August 18, 2012

Flu Shot and More

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:02pm ·




Hello world, I had my flu shot last Monday (2010) in case you were wondering.   I was immunized against whooping cough and diptheria in 1943 and small pox in 1948.  Oh yes, and I had mumps in 1946, chickenpox in 1948, then measles with complications of pneumonia in 1949.  Along with all the children in America, in 1949 I had my tonsils and adenoids removed.    I forgot to ask my doctor on Monday if I needed any boosters in 2010.  I surely don't want whooping cough in 2010! Oh yes, and I weighed 102 when I was 16.  Thank you, Mom, for the detailed baby book except you forgot to record the polio shot and the time I had scarletina in 1949.  I'm sure it's in one of the other three or four baby books you made for me.  I am glad to know I had no ill effects from swallowing a bobby pin in 1956  before they had rubber tips on the end, back when we curled my wet hair with bobby pins. Gee,  what  would my life have been had I had whooping cough in 1947?  Sincerely, An American survivor of childhood diseases
PS  I had German Measles when I was 25 and pregnant before the German measles vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment