Saturday, August 18, 2012

Falling on my Knees

Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 9:52pm ·


I know your first thought is that I'm praying, and no doubt I do need to.  I'm afraid I'm talking about really falling on my knees.  I didn't trip on a throw rug in the house or a rock on a trail or anything at all interesting.  I was just walking a few feet in the classroom, and next thing I knew I couldn't catch myself and was on my kneecaps.  I've been fortunate in that I still have range of motion and nothing appears broken.  The pain has generally subsided.  I just have swollen knees that are quite bruised.  Perhaps I need more sturdy shoes or I need a cane or a service dog.  Someone told me today that when her mother fell, it totally changed her life and everything she was able to do.  I'm lucky this time.

    • It may be a long while before I can kneel on my knees, cannot put any pressure on my knees.February 24 at 7:46pm

No comments:

Post a Comment